What’s the best eyeliner for brows?
Anonymous, via Quora
If you really did mean eyeliner, well, you can do that. I’m not sure what the answer is in that case. I haven’t really tried any eyeliners on my brows recently.
I do know of a really great multi-purpose pencil kit by BHue Beauty that was launched recently–it has like every shade for everything you’d ever want to make up on your entire face. It’s kind of fabulous.
Also, probably any matte crayon pencil (meaning wooden or plastic pencil, not liquid) eyeliner would work, as long as you can find a color match for your brows.. which is much easier said than done.
If in fact you were asking about a brow liner—a liner pencil specifically made for brows—I would suggest the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz.
- It comes in a huge range of shades, to fit almost any hair color
- It is a very thin pencil, making it easy to draw in individual hairs as well as line the perimeter of your desired brow / shape, all while still looking natural
- The payoff on the color is good. You don’t have to push too hard or too soft. The tip doesn’t break off easily.
- The brush on the end is specifically made for brows; it’s only about 1mm on either side; it’s not just some cheap mascara wand thrown on the end of a brow pencil. It really helps comb the product through the brows for a natural, filled-out look.
- With just a brow wiz, you can do your entire brows. No other product necessary.
While some will rave about the dip pommade, I could really pass on it. But the Brow Wiz? I’ve got 6 in my makeup kit right now. I simply can’t live without it.
I’m actually working on making my own version —but better, of course!—right now.
By the way, some say the NYX Microbrow ($9.99) is a good dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz ($21). I have yet to try it, so I can’t necessarily vouch for that fact, but if you’re on a budget, give it a try!
Gentle Reminder: This blog contains affiliate links. Clicking on or purchasing through them helps keep this content free. Thanks for reading!