We all love glowing skin because it looks, healthy, fresh and youthful. Skin can actually appear to glow when it’s smooth enough to reflect light. As we age and go about our lives skin can become dull so we need to reverse the signs. There are 5 easy steps you can take to get your glow on!
- Cleanse your skin regularly. It’s important to never wear makeup to bed and to clean your skin with something that is strong enough to get your skin clean but also gentle enough to provide balance (not too dry or too oily). I personally really like Cetaphil, Gentle Skin Cleanser. I have sensitive skin and find this to be good for all skin types. I have found the claim that it’s non-irritating and softens while it cleans to be true. It’s also free of fragrance, dermatologist recommended and non-comedogenic. If you already have a facial cleanser that you trust and like then keep using it and just add the other four steps.
- Exfoliate your skin. This step is important because it removes the rough or dead skin cells. By doing so you’re stimulating your skin cells to turn over, creating new, softer skin. Children and teenagers are lucky as their skin renews itself on average every 28 days but the rest of us are not that lucky so we need some help. Much like all beauty products, exfoliates can get very specific. There are specific types for sensitive skin, dry, skin, oily skin, other … you get it. If your not sure what exfoliant is right for your skin type check out this list of the top 24 face exfoliants from Byrdie. They go into details on skin types and product ingredients.
- Get a skin brightening oil. By adding this oil to your beauty regime, you will see a huge difference. You may even notice you can go barefaced with confidence. The key to finding the right brightening oil is to research the ingredients. We love our SHINE Brightening Facial Oil. It is 76% Organic and 100% natural. SHINE brightens dark spots, fades blemishes, & moisturizes dry skin with SHINE brightening face oil. Vitamin C from pomegranate, arbutus from bearberry, glabridin from licorice fade blemish marks & brighten dark spots, while vitamin E rich argan & jojoba oils moisturize. Lemon peel is a natural sources of Vitamin C which brightens skin, protects against aging, and stimulates new cell growth. Day or night, this oil blend is sure to please, with its light, silky texture, and soft jasmine fragrance. SHINE hydrates and nourishes, naturally diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles. SHINE naturally fades dark spots & blemishes on the skin, for a more even skin tone.
- Eat antioxidant-rich food and stay hydrated with water. The expression “you are what you eat” is true when it comes to skin. You can actually nourish your body from within helping to get that outward glow. These foods are loaded with anti-oxidants and are proven to improve your skin. Try integrating Watercress. Red Bell Peppers, Papaya, Blueberries, Broccoli, Spinach, Nuts and Avocados into your diet. Want more details on what to eat and why? Check out this article from Allure.
- Boost your glow with a shimmering facial cream and/or a shimmer contour kit. Just remember, that a little goes a long way. If you’re following the steps listed above you are likely to find that your skin is already glowing. I like to apply some shimmer contour powder on special occasions.
In Conclusion, glowing skin can be yours at any age with a little planning and attention to detail. Good nutrition, a cleaning and exfoliation regime and some brightening facial oil and your all set. Here’s to a happy, healthy and glowing 2021!
Gentle Reminders: If you liked this type of content and want to see more, scroll to the top of the page, enter your email in the right hand column, and click “subscribe.” To share with friends, use the social sharing icons below. This blog contains affiliate links; both clicking on and purchasing through links help pay for this content.