Dark circles generally appear under the eyelids. It is a prevalent issue with many potential causes, including genetics, aging, allergies, lifestyle, and other medical disorders.
Older persons, those with dark skin tones that also include hyperpigmentation and those with genetic conditions are the primary categories this issue affects.
Even if it is impossible to eliminate dark circles overnight, you can diminish them with perseverance and self-care practices, giving you a youthful and healthy appearance the following morning.
Causes Of Dark Circles
In order to effectively treat and prevent black circles under the eyes, it is crucial to understand their underlying causes.
Individuals can take effective measures to reduce or control dark circles by learning more about the factors that contribute to them.
Dark circles are usually considered to be caused by fatigue. There are many causes of it. Let’s examine each in detail.
Aging is one of the most prevalent causes. Skin gets thin and brittle as people age. It reduces the body’s collagen production, which is essential to maintaining healthy skin. As a result, the dark blood cells under the eyelids begin to appear, darkening the skin beneath the eyes. You may appear older or exhausted as a result.
📌 Fatigue Or Exhaustion
Fatigue or exhaustion is a further prevalent cause. Oversleeping or insomnia causes your skin to seem drab and unpleasant. Dark blood cells start to show up beneath your eyes. Lack of sleep also causes fluid to accumulate beneath your eyes, making puffy skin appear.
When a person has an allergic reaction, histamines are produced by the body to fight off microorganisms. It could result in red, swollen, and irritated eyes. Scratching the skin will worsen the problem, resulting in discoloration, edema, and inflammation.
📌 Excessive Screen Time
Constantly staring at a television, computer, or phone screen can strain your eyes, causing the blood vessels under your eyes to enlarge and appear as dark circles. Your eyes appear strained and swollen.
Drink enough water during the day. Your skin may appear dull and swollen if you are dehydrated.
📌 Sunlight Exposure
Sunlight can make dark circles worse. The sun’s energy, including UV and other harmful rays, damages your skin and causes it to generate melanin, which results in hyperpigmentation.
Additionally, you can have a darker-toned skin tone or color. To protect your skin from sun exposure, it is always advisable to use sunscreen before going outside.
Another factor is a family history of dark circles being passed down genetically. Over time, the dark circles could get lighter or darker.
📌 Unhealthy Diet
An unhealthy diet and way of living might also contribute to dark circles. One of the main causes is alcohol consumption and smoking.
Anaemia is when the red blood cell count falls below normal. Shortness of breath, weakness, and dizziness are all possible. Your skin also gets pale, dull, and puffy.
If you observe any of these symptoms of dark circles, you can either adopt self-care measures or consult a dermatologist to seek medical guidance and treatment.
Remedies For Dark Circles
Here are some treatments you should consider to get rid of dark circles overnight and look refreshed.
- Get a minimum of 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Allow your skin and body to rest and rejuvenate.
- Use a pillow to raise your head when you sleep to avoid fluid accumulating under your eyes, which causes dark circles.
- Apply a cold compress to the eyes to lessen discoloration or puffiness. You can also use cold tea bags, cucumber slices, etc. Your skin will be calmed and renewed by it.
- Drink enough water to keep your skin looking young and healthy throughout the day.
- Use an eye cream that is nourishing and contains vitamin C, vitamin K, and hyaluronic acid to decrease dark circles, revive your skin, and enhance and preserve healthy skin.
- The most crucial thing to remember is to shield your skin from the sun. Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 50+ before going outside in the sun, or shield your eyes by wearing sunglasses.
- Place iced tea bags over your eyes for calming and relaxing benefits. It will aid in lightening the under-eye circles.
- Another option is a cold spoon massage. Place the circular portion of two metal spoons on your eyes for five to ten minutes after they have been chilled. It will make your eyes feel less puffy.
It can be embarrassing to have dark circles. It might come and go for some people. However, for some people, the dark circles take longer to fade. Consistently adhere to the remedies for reducing dark circles, so you will soon notice the positive effects.