We’ve all been through a highly challenging year and some of the lifestyle changes made in 2020 are going to continue through 2021 and beyond. Ask yourself when you last followed your full beauty regime or wore your full made up face and you’ll understand why Skinimalism is back and growing. Skinimalism is skin minimalism. It’s about the idea that less is more when it comes to your skincare routine. Skinimalism is also about getting back to the basics of good skin and minimizing makeup and your full beauty regime to allow your true gorgeous self to shine through. So, now that you know what Skinimalism is let’s get into ways you can make it part of your beauty regime.
Love your True Skin
Makeup sales and down and skin care is in! Embrace your skin and it’s uniqueness. If its very pale, you have freckles, have darker skin than most or other unique conditions that is Ok, in fact, that’s what makes you one of a kind. The Skinimalism movement is about not using filters, ceasing to layer on makeup and just being your beautiful self. Let your natural beauty shine through.
Simplify your Routine
For a long time there has been a trend to do layers of skin treatment, even make your own concoction. Thank goodness those days are gone. Get back to basic with your beauty regime and seek products that have multiple use.
If you’re like me, you have lots of beauty products to chose from so cutting back to less can seem daunting. We recommend you chose a few key categories and then continue to cull your processes back over time.
Leverage your Beauty Oil
A quality beauty oil can do 6 things you may not have even considered. If you use a quality organic oil like Shine Brightening Facial Oil you can use it for all of the things listed below.
- Improve the condition of your skin by giving you a healthy glow so that you can go makeup free.
2. If you chose to wear makeup, try adding a few drops to your foundation to give you that dewy finish.
3. If you have frizzy hair ends place a few drops of beauty oil on your fingers and warm the oils by rubbing your fingertips together. Run your fingertips through the ends of your hair to make the fly aways go way. Tip: Don’t rub the oil on the hair on your scalp, this will make your hair appear dirty and oily.
4. If your cuticles need some attention. Place a drop of oil on your cuticle and allow it to sink in. Once that’s done you can push back your cuticle as needed while helping to treat the nail bed.
5. Mix a few drops of your favorite beauty oil with your body cream and give your legs and arms a special treat. You’ll get more nourishment while also getting that summer glow we spoke about earlier. Don’t forget your sunscreen.
6. If your beauty oil has an amazing scent, like Shine, use to as your perfume. Place a few drops on your wrists or neck and your good to go.
Seek an All in One Shampoo & Conditioner
Style Craze outlines numerous shampoo/conditioner options based upon your hair type. I personally have tried the John Masters Organics Zinc & Sage Shampoo With Conditioner and liked it. It is a good organic option but it does get out of stock so if you’r lucky enough to find it, I’d recommend trying it. Want more options check stylecraze.
Simplify your Makeup
Streamline your summer makeup by using bronzer, tinted sunscreen, tinted moisturizer and a glow powder. This approach will allow your skin to breath as well as allow your natural beauty to show. I recently tried COOLA Rosilliance BB+Sunscreen. It’s 70% organic, 30 SPF, Farm to Face, Cruelty free and vegan. I find the coverage to be light but effective. There are numerous new tinted sunscreens so I recommend you try them. You can save steps, time and money and all of the items recommended can also be used on your neck, face and arms.
Save the Earth
By using less products you are cutting back on packaging and waste. You can take this one step further by selecting items that are recyclable, local and green. You’ll also save money and time so you can enjoy your summer more.
In summary a skinimalistic beauty regime can help you to look better, save time, save money and help reduce your ecological footprint.
Gentle Reminders: If you liked this type of content and want to see more, scroll to the top of the page, enter your email in the right hand column, and click “subscribe.” To share with friends, use the social sharing icons below. This blog contains affiliate links; both clicking on and purchasing through links help pay for this content.