With the at home lock down we are all looking a little bit more like our “true selves”. Longer hair, gray roots, natural nails and less makeup. I set out to find the best options for gray hair coverage and came up with 2 5-star choices.
Temporary Root Coverage
I have tried many options and by far my favorite is EVERPRO Gray Away. It’s a 5 star to me and the reviews match my experience. I like it because it’s easy to use, comes in a little travel container, covers well, offers various color ways, washes out easily and does not leave your hair with a strange tacky or stiff feeling. I find that the magnetic powder pigment is multi-dimensional so finding a perfect match is not as big a concern as other sprays and powders. I also have noticed it will last a few days without touch up needed and does not stain clothing or linens. I should not that Gray Away comes also come sin a spray and stick form but I have not tried those.
GRAY AWAY root touch-up magnetic powder is an instant solution to get rid of those unwanted gray roots. Unique, binding formula attaches along each hair strand like magnets providing the ultimate coverage that stays put all day long.
- Self-adjusting color technology blends undetectably and matches hair color perfectly
- Hidden sponge applicator allows for precise control and coverage
- Mineral-infused powder leaves hair soft, shiny and natural to the touch
- Perfect for on the go & small enough for travel
- No flyaways or dusting!
- Washes out with shampoo
0.13 oz (3.7g). Suggested Retail: $9.99
Best of it can be purchased at Dollar General, Amazon, ULTA, Rite Aid, Target, Walmart & CVS – all places that are open for business during the stay at home mandate.
Permanent Root Touch Up
I tried the L’Oréal Paris Magic Root Rescue 10 minute Root Coloring Kit for the first time. I was a bit trepidatious about the color matching. I’ve colored my hair before so I was less concerned with the process steps. I am happy to say, the color I chose – light brown #6, matched perfectly. I found the kit to be easy to use with clear directions and all the components needed. (including plastic gloves). One of the tips in the directions is to leave the solution on for 15 minutes vs 10 if you have stubborn grays and that helped me to get more coverage. I found the company claims below to be true. I give this item 5 stars.
- Permanent root kit provides a quick fix between salon appointments or at-home colorings. No uneven touch-ups, just seamless, beautiful color from root to tip.
- 100 percent gray coverage matches any shade, even professional salon colors. Rescue your roots in between colorings.
- This 10 minute permanent hair color root touch up is a low ammonia color gel with built in conditioning and an aromatic scent.
- Magic Root Rescue is recommended to cover gray hair for root regrowth of less than three weeks.
- It’s quick precision applicator makes touching up roots fast and easy and it covers 100 percent of your grays.
- The kit costs $6.99 and can be purchased on-line or in Drug accounts as well as Mass Merchant chains.
Gentle Reminders: If you liked this type of content and want to see more, scroll to the top of the page, enter your email in the right hand column, and click “subscribe.” To share with friends, use the social sharing icons below. This blog contains affiliate links; both clicking on and purchasing through links help pay for this content.